Orders and Policies Regarding Consultation with Indian Tribes
- Presidential Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies - Government-to-Government Relationship with Tribal Governments September 23, 2004
- Executive Order No. 13336 - American Indian and Alaska Native Education April 30, 2004
- Bush pledges to uphold sovereignty Aug. 30, 2000
- Executive Order No. 13175 - Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Government, 65 Fed. Reg. 67249 Nov. 6, 2000
- Executive Order No. 13096 - American Indian and Alaska Native Education, 63 Fed. Reg. 4268 August 6, 1998.
- Executive Order No. 13084 - Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments, 63 Fed. Reg. 27655 Apr. 14, 1998.
- Executive Order No. 13007 - Indian Sacred Sites, 61 Fed. Reg. 26711 May 24, 1996.
- Presidential Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies regarding Government-to-Government relations with Native American Tribal Governments (Apr. 29, 1994), 59 Fed. Reg. 22951 May 4, 1994
- Statement by President George H. Bush - reaffirming the government-to-government relationship between the federal government and tribal governments (June 14, 1991).
- President Ronald Reagan's American Indian Policy, 19 Weekly Comp.Pres.Doc.98 (Jan. 24, 1983).
- President Richard Nixon's special message on Indian affairs (July 8, 1970).
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Government-to-Government Consultation Policy Dec. 13, 2000
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation Policy Statement Regarding ACHP's Relationship with Indian Tribes November 17, 2000
- Secretarial Order No. 3215 -- Principles for the Discharge of the Secretary's Trust Responsibility April 28, 2000 to expire October 31, 2000
- Secretarial Order No. 3206 - American Indian Tribal Rights, Federal - Tribal Trust Responsibilities, and the Endangered Species Act (signed by the Secretaries of the Department of Interior and the Department of Commerce June 5, 1997
- Assistant Secretary-Indian Affairs Advisory Memorandum to All DOI Bureau and Office Heads: Guidance on the Federal/Tribal Government-to-Government Policy (February 24, 1995).
- Bureau of Land Management H-8160-1 - General Procedural Guidance for Native American Consultation, (November 3, 1994).
- United States Fish & Wildlife Service Native American Policy (June 28, 1994)
Environmental Protection Agency
- Memorandum to all EPA Employees Reaffirming Indian Policy July 11, 2001.
- Tribal Consultation in EPA Region 10 Feb. 4, 2000
- Region 8 Policy for Environmental Protection in Indian Country Feb. 4, 2000
- EPA Policy for the Administration of Environmental Programs on Indian reservations (Nov. 8, 1984).
Housing & Urban Development
- HUD Tribal Consultation Document - Implementation of Statutory Changes to NAHASDA (November 28, 2001)
- HUD Government-to-Government Tribal Consultation Policy (June 28, 2001).
- HUD American Indian and Alaska Native 1994 Policy Statement (April 29, 1994).
- Memorandum for U.S. Army Corp of Engineers Commanders - Policy Guidance Letter No. 57, Indian Sovereignty and Government-to-Government Relations with Indian tribes (Feb. 18, 1998)
- Bonneville Power Administration Tribal Policy (April 29, 1996)
- Department of Defense American Indian and Alaska Native Policy (October 20, 1998).
- U.S. Department of Energy American Indian and Alaska Native Policy (August 21, 2001, reaffirming October 2000, and superseding April 8, 1992 policy).
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Policy Statement on consultation with Indian tribes in Commission proceedings, 104 FERC 61, 108 (July 23, 2003).
- United States Forest Service National Resource Book on American Indian and Alaska Native Relations (April 1997).
- National Indian Gaming Commission, 69 Fed. Reg. 16973 (March 31, 2004).
- Internal Revenue Service - Outline of Tribal Consultation Policy (July 15, 2004).
- Department of Justice Policy on Indian Sovereignty and Government-to-Government Relations with Indian Tribes, 61 Fed. Reg. 29424,29426 (June 10, 1996).
- Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration - Section 106 Tribal Consultation Q & A's (May 12, 2004).